What does happiness mean for you?

• Members
Gyanbygurus
Posted

Today, everyone wants to be happy and prosperous, but they don't know how to be happy. Earning millions of money isn't real happiness.

Happiness, how often have you said I want to be happy? How often have you said to someone else I want you to be happy? Have you ever stopped to consider what happiness means? What exactly is this happiness you wish for?

Many people believe that happiness is having fun at a party, the excitement of new experiences, or a fine meal's delights. These are all beautiful experiences to be cherished and cultivated, but these are not happiness.

These experiences are the definition of pleasure. They are the experiences to have and let pass. A meal to savor then digests. A party to enjoy, then let wind down.

If we continue to please ourselves with these joyful experiences all the time, our brains adapt and turn pleasure into a routine. Chasing pleasure is not happiness. So if happiness is not the same thing as pleasure, then what is happiness?

If you really want to be happy, then I have written a complete post on Happiness with 10 amazing tips. To read the post click here - What is Happiness? 10 stunning tips to live a happy life.

Thanks for reading

Lizzie
Posted

Thank you for sharing! It's good to take a moment and think about what happiness means to you and to distinguish it from pleasure. ?