Meditation, Mindfulness and Mindfulness Meditation

Tine

• Members
Posted

All the sufferings are created through Body or Mind . Meditation is a technique to create a space between you and the body, you and the mind so that you become fearless. Everything runs in Harmony and no suffering can enter in to your body or mind.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

In Givin School we are learning to meditate indoor and outdoor, in activity and in calm. So in each time you have instruments to get out from the frames of your mind and to enter to the present moment. If you want to know more about conscious life beyond the mind borders visit https://en.givinschool.org . Happiness are hidden in your heart. When you open up your heart and remove suspicious evaluative mind control you will find joy and happiness. Retrit in Givin School is complex of meditative practices and is very good in open up ones heart https://retrit.org/en. It does not matter how you will force your heart to live, to feel, to breath but you need to do that to be able to move to the happiness life. Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Greetings from Barcelona

I will be delight to learn how establish a daily meditation routine at least 10 minutes long

Thank you

• Members
Posted

Anyone have experience with kundalini yoga? Any benefits to it? Thanks! 

Posted
On 10/15/2019 at 7:29 PM, LadyViolet86 said:

Anyone have experience with kundalini yoga? Any benefits to it? Thanks! 

I'm reading a book about fertility that swears by it. I recently went to a Kundalini yoga class in Amsterdam and I really enjoyed it. It's more chanting mantras than the asanas, but the whole experience is quite powerful. I left the class feeling a great deal better, and a little blissed out. The book I'm reading suggests Kundalini yoga for pregnant women or those wanting to get pregnant, but I think it's accessible to anyone who wants to clean/heal their energy and just bring some more peace and mindfulness to one's daily life.

• Members
Posted

I have been going to a Kundalini yoga class for several years and I really enjoy it. The exercises or kriyas benefit your body and then the meditations benefit your mind! Our class is very small and informal, and our teacher is very gentle - although sometimes it can be quite challenging there is no pressure. It's always different, sometrimes relaxing, sometimes energising. I have learned a great deal about the body, the chakras, the mind - I recommend it!

• Members
Posted
On 10/15/2019 at 12:33 PM, xbelp said:

Greetings from Barcelona

I will be delight to learn how establish a daily meditation routine at least 10 minutes long

Thank you

I found making meditation the first and last things I do in a day worked for establishing a routine for me.

As soon as I wake in the morning I have a glass of water and then meditate and the last thing I do before sleeping is meditate.

If you’re new to meditation you may find using a guided meditation helpful (I personally like Davidji’s but there are lots of free ones available on YouTube or via various apps) 

I hope this is helpful to you 

Namaste 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Mindfulness is truly a technique. A technique to find something so much closer to you than your own breath. 

It is a technique that can be used to find true stillness of mind, which is ever present within us. We must find a teacher who can guide us to this state as an experience, not as a mere understanding.

Then one will know it by experience the calmness I am talking about. One will know true happiness and may even know what is beyond the body mind.

There are such teachers, extremely rare I would say but there is. And at "Nisala International Meditation Centre" I have found such a capable unique teacher. 

Following is the description given on its website home page: (www.nisala.org) Hope this will be useful.

"At the Nisala Meditation Center you will be guided to the natural awareness and stillness of the mind directly by the meditation teacher, after an initial preparation through meditation.

The mind is intrinsically still and aware. This state, or a state that is a prelude to this and yet is very still, can be instantly recognised when the right guidance is available. A mind that recognises such a state will attain to peace in a rapid manner compared to practicing meditation alone, with or without guidance.

When you attain to a sufficient level of stillness awareness in the mind, it will start letting go of various negative states such as fears, harmful desires, sadness, negative habits, anger issues, and such like. This is essentially a deep cathartic process that will bring about an immense release. Such experience will create the platform for further deepening of stillness awareness.

In this way the mind will eventually attain to its natural stillness and liberation from sorrow."

• 1 year later...
  • Members
Posted

Meditation is good for our body and mind...I do this Regularly..  

• Members
Posted

Contemplation isn't tied in with turning into an alternate individual, a renewed individual, or even a superior individual. It's tied in with preparing in mindfulness and getting a solid feeling of viewpoint. You're making an effort not to kill your contemplations or sentiments. You're figuring out how to notice them without judgment. Furthermore, at last, you may begin to all the more likely comprehend them too.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted

At 80 years of age, I am "mindful" that my past is long, my present short and my future may never come. What makes me content (not happy) is that my past has been successful, that I did my best at those  moments when life challenged me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

From the Las Vegas Center Guiding Teacher, Zen Master Ji Haeng: 

Back to Basic

Edited by ghead-57